Hue Chromic™ Fabric Dye - Dark Blue to Pink (Thermal 86F/31C)
New to SolarColorDust.com comes our very own
Hue Chromic™ Fabric Dye!
This unique fabric dye can be used with cotton textile to create your own color changing material!
(T-shirt is for demonstration only and is sold separately)
Note: We do not recommend for use to create face masks.
Instructions to use Hue Chromic™ Dye:
Shake bottle well before use & wear protective gloves and attire when handling.
2 oz of Hue Chromic™ Dye can be used for approximately 1 pound of cotton based material.
- Add 2 quarts of water in a large pot and bring to a low heat. Make sure the pot is big enough for approximately 1 pound of material to move freely.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of iodized salt and stir until dissolved (optional).
- Add in 2 ounces of Hue Chromic™ Dye and stir slowly to mix the solution.
- Presoak the cotton material in hot water and wring out. Place the fabric into the mixture and with kitchen tongs and submerge the fabric in the solution.
- Allow the fabric to "cook" on low heat, stirring occasionally for 20-30 minutes.
- Fill a separate large pot with ice water and place in the sink. Remove the fabric from the pot with tongs and place in the ice bath to set the dye. Submerge the material until the color changes completely and let soak for 5 minutes.
- Wring out fabric and lightly rinse with cold water. Do not over-rinse.
- Dry fabric completely. If drying in dryer, do not mix with other clothes. If air drying do not dry in the sun.
- After the fabric is completely dry wash with cold water and dry on Gentle/Delicate mode.
- ***MAKE SURE THE FABRIC IS WASHED AND DRIED PRIOR TO WEARING.***
NOTE: Once the fabric is washed and dried the ink that is set will become slightly faded in color, which is normal. Different fabric will absorb the dyes differently. Do not wash or dry with other clothes.
After multiple washes the color change effect will eventually decrease in intensity.
In order to preserve the integrity of the color change it is recommend to hand wash with cold water.
Do not iron. Keep out of excess sunlight. Dry on Gentle or Delicate Cycle if using dryer.
For a stronger color, increase the amount of Hue Chromic™ Dye or decrease the amount of water used for fabric.
***KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. DO NOT INGEST. AVOID EYE CONTACT.
WASH EXPOSED AREAS WITH SOAP AND WATER.***