Liquid Crystal (12 Color) - Thermochromic Ink (Mood Ring effect)
Thermochromic Ink - "Mood Ring" Effect!
Speciality material changes in the range of the activation temperatures
12 Color Liquid Crystal changes between 60F - 90F
Colors resemble shades of:
Black, Brown, Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink, Yellow, Green Blue & Purple.
PLEASE READ BEFORE USING:
Pure Form works best being painted on by brush. Because of the nature of the ink, it will leave textured brush strokes.
For spraying purposes, the Concentrate Sprayable version is recommended; however, the Pure Form can be diluted with filtered water if necessary. Use the desired amount of water to make the Liquid Crystal thin enough to spray thru your spraying device. Not recommended to use more than 1 oz of water to 10 grams. Keep in mind that if it is diluted, it will require more coats.
Do not mix with any other mediums, as this can damage the color changing effect!
The Concentrate Sprayable Version can be used in an airbrush or Preval Spray System to be sprayed onto your project for a smoother finish.
4 thin coats are recommended for a vivid effect.
Liquid Crystal is the raw material found in mood rings and LCD screens. The material changes multiple colors based on reaction to heat. For best results the ink must be applied over a black background, otherwise you will not see the color change as well.
Protect with Epoxy Resin to protect from elements which can cause damage to the color change effect.
- Shake bottle/jar well before use
- Apply desired amount of coats over a black surface and let dry completely
- Note: Liquid Crystal is water based and brushing multiple layers can peel up the previous coat.
- For best effect, spray the Liquid Crystal in light coats, drying completely with a hair dryer in-between each coat. Recommended spraying 4 coats per project.
- Seal with clear epoxy resin or enamel to prevent the Liquid Crystal from peeling or scratching off.